Obstetrics and Gynecology Hospital in Delhi
Obstetrics and gynecology deal with the care of pregnant women, the unborn child in the womb and managing diseases related to women. This speciality combines both medicine and surgery.
An obstetrician-gynecologist (or OB-GYN) is a medical professional who specialises in female reproductive health.
People who are trained as OB-GYNs are concerned with both obstetrics and gynecology:
Specifically, obstetrics involves taking care of pregnant women and delivering babies.
Gynecology deals with the female reproductive system and treating varying health conditions, such as chronic pain and sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
Most of these specialists have a major interest in a specific area, such as fertility care, high-risk obstetrics or minimal access surgery. Some consultants also work as subspecialists, concerning other areas of the practice.
Services Offered By Best Gynecologist
Gynecologists offer various specialised surgeries and procedures like:
- endometriosis specialists
- colposcopy and management of pre-invasive disease and abnormal pap smears in the female genital tract
- advanced laparoscopic surgery
- general gynecologic surgery
- hysterectomy (vaginal, laparoscopic and abdominal)
- pelvic/vaginal reconstructive surgery for prolapse
- subspecialist care for managing gynecologic cancers
Our multidisciplinary team is experienced in:
- menstrual disorders
- early pregnancy problems
- polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), endometriosis and fibroids
- management of urinary incontinence
managing gynecologic cancers
Usually, having a baby is a natural process. Once a woman is in the full-term pregnancy stage, she goes into labour on or near the due date to give birth to a healthy baby. Then, after a day or two, she is discharged from the hospital to grow her child.
However, not all pregnancies are that smooth. In some cases, women experience high-risk pregnancies. A doctor considers pregnancy high-risk if there are potential complications that may affect the baby, the mother or both. The high-risk pregnancies need specialist care to ensure the best result for the baby and the mother
Risk of High-Risk Pregnancy
Certain factors that lead to high-risk pregnancies are:
- Pregnancy is at a risk when mothers are older than the age of 35.
- Drinking alcohol, smoking cigarettes and having illegal drugs also put pregnancies at risk.
- The history of diabetes, heart diseases, chronic hypertension, breathing problems like badly controlled asthma, etc. may also increase pregnancy risks.
- Pregnancy complications, such as foetal growth restriction, abnormal placenta position and Rh sensitization, may lead to a high-risk pregnancy.
- Surgical history: The pregnancy can be at risk if a woman has a history of surgery on her uterus, including multiple abdominal surgeries, multiple C-sections or surgery for fibroids.
- The pregnancy risks also increase when women are carrying twins or multiple babies in her womb.
Preeclampsia is a medical condition in which there is a sudden increase in the pregnant mother’s blood pressure during the 20th week of pregnancy. This may affect her liver, kidneys or brain, leading to pregnancy risks.
The high-quality prenatal care, also known as antenatal care (ANC), is an important part of the maternal, reproductive and newborn/child healthcare. During the crucial prenatal period, specialists and health care providers educate women about healthy lifestyle changes and behaviours to reduce the risks of pregnancy and other complications. For most women in the world, the regular ANC visits are their first contact with the health care system to learn more about maternity care and also avail the best health services from the specialists in the field.
Female infertility is usually treated by one or more of the given treatment methods:
- Taking medications for stimulating ovulation in females.
- Taking hormones for addressing the problems causing endometriosis, hormone imbalance, short menstrual cycle or other reproductive health problems.
- Using various supplements for improving fertility, such as over-the-counter supplements.
- Taking certain antibiotics for removing the infections in the female reproductive system or problems in getting pregnant.
Having minor surgery for removing scar tissues or removing the blockage from the uterus, fallopian tubes or pelvic area.
Removal of Ovarian Cysts and Tumours
In most cases, the ovarian cysts get cured on their own without even needing the treatment. But if the ovarian cyst doesn’t go away on its own or lead to pain, the doctor would suggest surgical removal. It can usually be done without affecting fertility or damaging the ovaries.
If a female is diagnosed with ovarian cancer, the doctor will suggest the following treatment options:
- Surgery (laparoscopy or laparotomy)
However, there are no known ways to avoid ovarian cysts.
Best Gynecologist in Delhi for Pregnancy and Delivery
Dr.Rekhi is the best Gynecologist in Delhi for Pregnancy and Delivery at SCI Healthcare. With over 30 yrs of experience in this field, she has worked with many multi-speciality hospitals in Delhi.
Besides her, Dr.DhwaniMago is a reputed Gynecologist in Delhi to handle difficult or normal pregnancy cases. She conducts medical reviews, as well as routine checkups, of the expectant mothers while assisting delivering with other Obs&Gynaec surgeries with the professional team of SCI Healthcare.
Our specialists are available 24 X 7 to offer the best medical treatment and facilities to patients.
Why We are the People Choice
At SCI Healthcare, our dedicated team of specialist obstetricians/gynecologists aims at offering the best care to women throughout their lifetime. Our team is well-trained to offer exceptional compassionate care to women from adolescence through menopause.
Our facilities and state-of-the-art technology provide advanced care to infants and expected mothers. We also provide the following services:
Women and Infant Centre: We pride ourselves on delivering the best mother-focused care. Our compassionate and experienced staff members cater to the requirements of each patient.
Neonatal Care Unit: Our Neonatal Care Unit provides medical monitoring, as well as specialized care that’s not provided in a conventional nursery. Moreover, our multidisciplinary team takes care of premature babies, babies with low birth weight or infants born with other medical complications.
Dr Shivani Sachdeva Gour
M.D. DNB M.R.C.O.G. (UK) Obs & Gynae and IVF Specialist
Dr Mamta Goel
MBBS, DGO, DNB Gynaecology & Obstetrics
Dr Dhwani Mago
MBBS, DGO Gynaecology & Obstetrics