Pediatrics and Neonatology Specialist
Paediatrics is a medical specialty to manage various medical conditions affecting children, babies, and young people. On the other hand, neonatology is a pediatrics subspecialty consisting of the medical care of infants, particularly premature or ill newborn infants. This is a hospital-based specialty, which is practiced in special neonatal intensive care units (NICUs).
SCI Hospital is properly integrated with different types of pediatrics and neonatal emergencies. Working with various subspecialists in medical fields like pulmonology and cardiology, our experts treat infants suffering from various health issues, diagnosing birth conditions and further management.
It is believed that neonatal care must be provided to newborns from the beginning of their fetal life. Our pediatric department has the proper pediatrician and neonatologist care available 24/7 for365 days. Our team of highly-skilled and experienced Neonatologists, specially-trained Neonatology Nurses, and Neonatal Intensivists work hard to offer the best possible treatments to neonates.
Our hospital has highly-trained pediatricians to help deliver the baby and take care of the baby after birth. The new-borns firm examination includes:
- Taking the baby’s temperature
- Measuring length, weight, and head circumference
- Measuring the baby’s heart rate and breathing
- Observing the newborn's activity and skin color
- Giving vitamin K shots to avoid any possibility of bleeding
- Giving ointments or eye drops to avoid eye infections
After that, the baby is given the first bath, as well as umbilical cord stump is cleaned.
Even proper information about feeding, bathing, and other baby care advice is given to the parents.
Exceptional Nursing Care
We offer exceptional nursing care to the new-born to nurture and handle them through the complex phases. Soon after birth, the newborn’s physiological systems start to develop and also adapt to the new, strange environment. This makes them more vulnerable to many diseases and infections. Therefore, parents do need the help of well-trained and skilled nurses to provide specialized care for their babies.
As SCI Hospital, we offer superior healthcare care services to both new mothers and newborns. We offer specialized care for:
- Babies with some underlying medical conditions
- Low birth weight or premature babies
- Babies who experienced trauma during birth
Risk Factors associated with neonatology and pediatric facilities
As you age, the problem of erections is quite common. For instance, it may take longer to get an erection or to keep it firm. So, one may require more direct touch to the penis for keeping or getting an erection.
There are also various risk factors contributing to erectile dysfunction, such as:
- Heart conditions or medical conditions, especially diabetes
- Being overweight, particularly when you are obese
- Tobacco uses also limits the blood flow to arteries and veins, hence leading to chronic health conditions, such as erectile dysfunction
- Some medical treatments like radiation treatment for cancer or prostate surgery Injuries, specifically if they damage arteries or nerves that control erection
- Psychological conditions like anxiety, stress, or depression
- Medications, such as antihistamines, antidepressants, and medications, used for treating pain, high blood pressure, or prostate conditions
- Alcohol or drug use, especially if the person is a heavy drinker or long-term drug user
Why Pediatricians and Neonatologists are Best Care for Newborns
General pediatricians offer routine care and treatment to children for various diseases. On the other hand, neonatologists concentrate on the health of premature or underweight newborns to improve their chances of growth and survival.
You need both pediatricians and neonatologists to take better care of your newborn and the growing child. These specialists see your baby many times from birth till they turn 5. After 5 years, the pediatrician is likely to see your child for routine check-ups annually or monthly.
To take care of infants and children, both specialists will:
- Give babies/children vaccinations
- Do physical examinations
- Make sure that the child meets milestones in their growth and activities
- Get information about the child’s health nutrition, safety, and fitness requirements
- Diagnose and treat the child’s infections, illnesses, injuries, and other health issues
- Refer you to other specialists if the child requires expert care
What Types of Treatments Do Neonatologists Provide?
Neonatologists usually offer the following care:
- Coordinate care and manage newborns that are critically ill, born premature, or need surgery.
- Diagnose and treat infants with conditions like infections, breathing, and birth defects.
- Ensure that some critically ill infants receive proper nutrition for growing and healing.
- Provide care to infants at a cesarean or other delivery methods that may need medical intervention during delivery.
- Consult with pediatricians, obstetricians, and family doctors about health conditions affecting infants.
- Stabilize and treat infants with any life-threatening medical conditions.
Neonatologists work in newborn intensive care units or special care nurseries in hospitals. In many cases, after an infant has been discharged from the hospital, a neonatologist may offer short-term and follow-up outpatient care. The neonatologist also coordinates with a pediatrician to deal with certain health conditions.
Many would-be parents choose SCI hospital for the best neonatology and pediatric facilities, because:
- We have expertise in handling every medical complication that a new-born or a new mother may suffer
- Our specially-trained staff and nurses help mothers with post-cesarean wounds or high-risk pregnancies
- We also provide well-trained home care nurses to offer the best possible care for babies, as well as to guide new mothers about the most comfortable positions to hold their baby during breastfeeding
- With our specialized training program, our NICU experienced nurses offer the best hygiene and infection control. This ensures that the newborns stay away from illnesses or infections.
OUR TYPES OF EQUIPMENT
Neonatal Intensive Care Units (NICUs) use the following equipment:
- Heart or cardiorespiratory monitor: It’s used to display the baby’s breathing and heart patterns on the screen.
- Blood pressure monitor: This device pumps up the cuff, as well as measures the blood pressure level, of babies.
- Temperature probe: It is placed on an infant’s skin for regulating the heat needed to keep the newborn warm.
Besides, we have the facilities of X-ray, pulse oximeter, CT scan, MRI, Endotracheal tube (ET), Continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP), and Respirator or mechanical ventilator for monitoring baby’s health conditions.
Best Child Specialist in Delhi
Dr. Ashwini Kumar is the best child specialist in Delhi with the experience of over 10 years. He completed his MBBS from Delhi University, College of Medical Sciences, and GTB Hospital. He further did his specialty training in the field of pediatrics from the National Board of Examination and Delhi University. He even worked in several govt corporate hospitals across Delhi over the years. He is highly skilled and qualified in handling ill neonates, including extreme preemies requiring level III care.
Frequently Asked Questions about Pediatrics and Neonatology
Dr. Niraj Kumar Nikunj
Team Pic with Nursing
NICU level 3
Patient Waiting Area
Patient Waiting Area